Monday, January 7, 2008

What's this Mommy?


A couple of evenings ago we all happened to be in the kitchen together, except for little T, when he came running in pumping a small white object he had in his fist with his thumb as if it were a mechanical pencil or weapon of some kind. He was waiving it in the air curiously asking "What's this Mommy?"


At first I couldn't see what was in his hand, but upon closer inspection I realized it was a Tampax applicator. I nearly crumpled with laughter, as did R and our two teenagers. (who also had suspiciously red cheeks).

I regained my composure and as I lead him out of the kitchen and into the bathroom, where he had obviously just found this little gem, I told him 'it is a tampon sweetie'. With an acute breath of realization, he muttered a musical "Oooh".

Surprised by his quick understanding, and upon further speculation, this experience has taught me two things;

1-Little boys have a certain gene within them that surfaces at birth. It enables them to seek out and spot any and all un-suspecting objects, no matter their where-abouts, and turn them into little toy weapon's of mass destruction.



2-If you are a Mother, apparently you sign some sort of waiver upon child-birth, waiving your claim to all rights, privileges and blessings associated to and with the law of privacy.
(I think they slip it in with the paper work at the hospital)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too funny! way to go tyson.
Emma still talks about when he pooped in the closet. Hugs and kisses to him from Em.

Anonymous said...

What sweet heart! I miss you and your innocent children! How is India treating you? I really want to visit before you move to somewhere else exotic. I love you all so much! Love, Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I love the embarrising questions like how does the baby get out of yor stomach. That was Kim at 6 yrs old. MOM