Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm Tired...

(Please bare with me for a moment while I share my less positive side)

I'm tired of.....

...the constant flem in the back of my throat thanks to the pollution

...having stomach "issues"
(don't you know I've had diarrhea's since Easters)

...the smell of open sewer

...darkness....my house is like a cave

...constant pounding, yelling and banging from the construction going on right outside my front door.
(not to mention my windows are boarded up and my front yard is now home to scaffolding and about 2 ft of rubble!)

...having to buy expired food at the commissary
(I'm not sure I even remember what non-stale Doritos taste like anymore!)

...not even having expired food to buy at the commissary
(I guess stale food is better than no food!)

...worker men in my house 24/7 because there is always something to be fixed, poked or prodded
(I'm not lying to you when I say I've had over 15-20 maintenance workers in and out of my house in just the last 3 days. First the water heater, then the lights, carpet problems, more lights-that still don't work, fixing curtains, fixing gate, braking gate, fixing gate again....they always come in pairs and are always very nice but, DANG--fix everything already and give my poor doorbell a break)

...the door bell that never stops ringing
(Because if its not the worker men coming to fix something, then its one of the 40 or so children that live on the compound wanting to know if they can jump on the trampoline. I'm not even sure my own children even jump on it anymore.)

...the phone that never stops ringing
(NEVER!)

...being stared at
(I realize I'm white, but maybe if you keep staring at me I might change color)

...trying to park my car anywhere but my driveway
(Because parking anywhere in town is a crazy, crazy mess. No I will not leave you my keys or the car in neutral, do you think I'm insane?)

...only one 10am showing of American movies at the local theater
(what's up with that?)

Sorry about the negativity, its just been one of those weeks. I'm already feeling guilty and will have to write a much more positive post as soon as possible as penance!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mrs. Seipert......that must stink!

Ange said...

DUDE! I'm with you... let's have a Girls Day TODAY! "this too shall pass, and all these things shall give thee experience." LOVE YOU!

Leenz said...

I can't wait to visit again!

Anonymous said...

Don't mean to make things worse, but girlfriend, that stinks! I have only one thing to say to you, Household Staff! he he. Just teasin', bet things are looking better already, Miss Postivite and Fun. Just think of me, buried in laundry and no one but me, myself, and I do make dinner. (or breakfast, lunch . . . sigh)
Love Ya-Audrey

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm with you on some of that! Parking here in Korea is totally nuts. People park anywhere they want...sidewalks, in front of your driveway, middle of the street. If you have the flashers on your car on you're safe. Sewer smell...mine comes into my house...only via the main bathroom. I go through bleach like gang-busters...pouring it down the drain to mask the smell.

Hope next week is better!

love ya! Tam

Anonymous said...

Man Kell, and this delicious pan of fresh brownies.....I was jealous of your excitement in India. Sounds like you need this pan of brownies...wait. I just ate the whole pan.....sorry.

Wendy in AK