Friday, January 25, 2008

New Year Update...

Just thought I would give a quick (probably not that quick) update on the fam! So for those of you just tuning into the blog, you came at the right time! :)

FYI: I try not to use full names on the blog. I don't even know if it matters but, supposedly it is the safe way to blog, although I'm sure I have forgotten and used all of our full names at one point or another. My only solace is that the psycho serial killers looking us up on the Internet will be discouraged when they find out they have to fly to India to go serial on us. Its a plan, not a very good plan, but it's a plan.

So on with the update:

R is usually very busy arresting people. But when he's not arresting someone he's most likely doing the interview just before he arrests someone, and if he's not interviewing or arresting, then he is busily investigating someone who will eventually be arrested. Seein a pattern here...

In his arrest-free time he is the District Young Men's Leader and teaches Gospel Principles at church on Sunday's. He has also taken up running again and since we've been here (about 6 months now) he's lost a total of 30 pounds. I can officially call him a LOSER! The other day I heard him say "I don't have anything to wear, everythings to big for me now" (I think I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little). I just can't imagine the trauma you must be facing sweetie. Being too skinny for all your clothes, it must be devistating!

Me? Well, I have NOT lost 30 pounds! Jealous...who said I was jealous? I am involved in all kinds of exciting and exotic things here in India....whoa, hold on there, I think in my mind-blurring jealousy I got carried away for a minute. My life is not so exciting or exotic, but it is busy! For those of you who are thinking I lounge around the house all day just because I have a maid, REPENT I say!

As with most things in our lives; as we free up time from one item or another the void is generally filled 2-fold. I have given up cooking and cleaning but have taken on seminary, yearbook editor, Hindi classes and blogging. All of which take way more time, energy and brain power than cooking or cleaning ever did. My head hurts just thinking about it.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings you will find me at the church teaching seminary classes to the youth in our church. Most days you will find me studying for those classes, creating page layouts for the yearbook (which I foolishly volunteered to help with and am now the sole creator of) and if I've not got my nose in my lesson book or creating layouts on the computer I try to practise my Hindi. My next Hindi class starts very soon and just about all I can remember from the first class is "Namaste", Whoop-ti-do my 5 year old can say that!

Even though this is my first year with all 4 kids in school I feel busier than I ever have. Last week I even turned down a part time job working at the community liaison office. A job that I think I would have enjoyed and been good at, but nope, I'm too busy with my volunteer work to get paid!

Big T is well, mmmm...BIG! He is taller than his Dad and towers over me. He's almost 16, and besides the fact that in all his 16 years he has not figured out that his dresser drawers don't automatically shut after you open them, I would venture to say he is a very sweet and intelligent human being...I mean teenager (human-being might be going a bit too far).

He is still playing the trombone and picked up the piano last year as well. Music seems to be one of the things that comes naturally to him as opposed to...oh, I don't know, brushing his teeth!

He is always trying to lighten the mood by dancing like Will Ferrell or screaming like a girl; he can reach octaves that are unnatural!

Mo is doing piano, soccer, running every morning with her Dad, odyssey of the mind, and getting good grades while doing it.

She is maturing and looking more and more like a young women and less like the child I remember. She is truly a wonder-child. I've met very few teens as motivated as she and even less adults. I'm starting to wonder if I'm her real mother.

Mishy is growing up pretty much without permission. I've tried to halt her growth several times but she is very disobedient and uncooperative about the whole thing.

In a few short years there will be many aboy looking down the barrel of my husbands Smith & Wesson because, despite her breeding, I'm afraid she is going to be a knock-out! Why don't you just kill me now and get it over with, I have no desire to deal with all that. Hopefully by the time we get to Mish we will have perfected the boyfriend SMACK-DOWN.

Only one left. I'm officially babbling and have been for quite some time but, you've come this far...

Little T rides (his bike) with a pack of young boys, toy guns strapped to their backs, around the compound striking fear into the hearts of many! When he's not writing on the walls, making his big sister cry or breaking out car windows he is the sweetest, cutest 5-year old ever! But, despite his bad-boy reputation, he loves a good snuggle and is quite the Momma's Boy.

As you can see, there's never a dull moment...if anyone knows what a dull moment feels like, I'd really like to know........anyone?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES, I KNOW WHAT A DULL MOMENT FEELS LIKE. OKAY MAYBE I DONT. BUT I AM DREAMING ABOUT IT!!
YOU HAD ME IN STITCHES. YOU ARE FUNNY. I LOVED THE UPDATE. IT IS GOOD TO GET ONE EVERY NOW AND THEN.
WE MISS YOU GUYS!