Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, New Look!

नया साल मुबारक हो Happy New Year!

I thought I would start out the new year with a new look for the blog. I loved the black, but this was my second choice so why not change things up a bit. It's kind of like changing the furniture around or your underwear, which I have a bad habit of doing on a monthly basis. I was refering to the furniture, not my underwear them, I change everyday! :)

On New Years Eve R called me and said "Hey sweetie, what do you think about having a New Year's Eve party tonight?" I said "Sure, why not!" Okay, so it was a momentary lapse in judgement, but once the words were out of my mouth there was no going back. So I gathered the forces (Muthu & Prabha) and we started putting together a menu and a shopping list. For those of you who have been lucky enough to have tried our famous Spicy Angel Wings, I'm sorry to have to tell you, they were fabulous as always, in spite of the fact that there is no such thing as a jalapeno in this country. We had to improvise a little but everything worked out great.

As Muthu went shopping, Prabha and I went to work getting the house ready and I also did a bit of shopping at the commissary to get items not available in the local markets.

After a long day and thanks mainly to my household staff (I just love the sound of that), we were ready by our 8pm start time, just barely.

We invited 7 families and 5 showed up, not bad for a last minute ta-do. Unfortunately, not everyone made it to midnight, but we still had a great time and we loved having such nice people in our home. It was a nice way to start out the year. It could have only been better if our families could have joined us, but then we never would have had enough Angel Wings! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come I never got taste those wings? I guess I need to plan a trip to India. I do remember some of your chicken...italian dressing in a crock pot...that was good. I will forgive you if you send the recipe......



Happy New Year!

Wendy in AK

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! You should put some tunes with your blog. So whenever we click on it we enjoy a little background harmony!

Jean Fitzgerald said...

Hey kelly,
The Chocolate is on its way. I still haven't sent the next box, time just seems to keep slipping into the future. Hey wait isn't there a song like that. Oh well I enjoyed reading the blog. I miss you guys tons. Can't wait till you come. We need to come up with a time for efy. Call me

Love ya
Jean