Monday, March 10, 2008

Mr. 1-1-1

Just thought I would share a funny story about my husband (with his permission of course)!
We went to Lowe's to buy a lawn mower (a couple years ago when we actually had a lawn) and we were chatting with an associate about different models etc..
After we picked out the one we wanted we went to the desk where the associate started taking pertinent information.
At one point he asked R for his name and automatically he started to reply "One, one, one..." Just as he spit out the last "one" the associate and I looked up at him with obvious confusion on our faces, afterwhich he was suddenly silent and questioned: "What did you just ask me?" The associate and I both burst into laughter.
He had assumed he was being asked for his address and robotically started to regurgitate it.
After we all composed ourselves and finished the paperwork the associate sent us off with a "Thank-you Mr. 1-1-1" and a giggle.
For hours after-wards (and even to this day) I break out into sudden fits of laughter whenever I think of or tell the story!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!! Mrs.Seipert and Mr.1-1-1 can you do me a favor and tel Tell Mo i said happy birthday!!
Thanks!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Can we call him Mr. 1-1-1 now?