Monday, March 31, 2008

Dharamsala

Richard recently went to Dharamsala, the Tibetan head quarters and home-away-from-home for the Dhali Lama, on a protection detail for the speaker of the house when she recently visited India. Wow, that was a mouth-full.
From what he told me and what I gathered from others who were present, it was an amazing experience.
There has been a recent surge in violent 'crack-downs' by China in Tibet and the Dharamsala community, made up of Tibetan refugees, was charged and an intense sense of revolution permeated the air.
Richard brought home a piece of cloth that was blessed by the Dhali Lama and given to him. I thought that was pretty cool, wish he could have gotten him to autograph it though!
I hoped I could pin him down to tell you his personal experiences but alas I cannot.
But even though I do not have access to his mind, I at least have access to his photos!

3 comments:

Rena said...

Wow, what an experience! Let us know if that cloth brings you any "Special" blessings! That is so cool.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Kell....loved the photos. You are so lucky. Wow, some of those kids look like they are from peru or south Am...not India. What a life. I want my potty chair outside...not.

Anonymous said...

Holy outside potty,Batman. What cute babies, can we have one of them? I hope the cloth brings you good blessings, and that they will extend to your family. mom