Monday, September 24, 2007

Update

It's been a while since my last post but things haven't changed much. We are still unpacking boxes although we are down to the last 2 or 3, alleluia!
We've also had painters here the last few days painting our main floor and hallway upstairs. For those of you who saw my house in Virginia, I miraculously found colors very similar so I am very excited! I'm sure my brother Keith is sighing in relief since he didn't have to come and paint this house for me like the last one!
Morgann leaves for Sri Lanka this week and is "SO EXCITED!". Tyson finally started all day kindergarten (its been a shortened schedule thus far). Although its probable too late to save my reputation. By now I am probable known as the worst-mom-ever by anyone who runs in the kindergarten social circle. But I have to admit it is well deserved. I have forgotten to pick Tyson up from school more times than I really care to admit (the office has my number on speed dial). But now that is all over and he can come home with the other kids and I can concentrate on damage control! :)
Richard is going to Kashmir this week for an over night trip and has been to Calcutta twice already. So much for no travel in his new job, but its nice because it is very random and never more than a day or two. He likes his job okay but he is much busier than he or I imagined he would be. He still prefers the protection side of his job rather than the investigative side but overall he seems to be adjusting well.
I am currently taking Hindi classes and have been using my cook as a tutor and study partner to help me learn. I have really been enjoying it! Its not a very difficult language but the sentence structure is very difficult for me and I tend to say things backwards. Call me sometime and I'll give you a little taste of my Hindi. Besides that I have been assigned to teach the youth seminary class in our Branch at church. We are doing Old Testament this year and I teach 3 nights a week so I spend a great deal of time studying. Either Hindi or scriptures, take your pick!
Thanks again for all the great comments, I get them all and I really appreciate hearing from you!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,

Good to hear you've joined the seminary teacher ranks! I'm excited for you; you'll love it!
Tell you kids "hi" from my kids. We sure miss you guys. Lilly is doing great, same silly little Lilly. :) Love-Audrey

Michelle Glauser said...

Do you know the McIlleces? I am a friend of Elder and Sister Seipert (in Germany).

Leenz said...

Hey! That would be me! Lena McIllece, sister-in-law to Angela McIllece.