Monday, September 10, 2007

Don't Hate Me!

Just wanted to introduce you to my cook/housekeeper, Mutua (pronounced moo-too). She is 36 and has 3 children, the oldest of which (21) just had her first baby. A 5pd baby girl. She is so adorable. I am planning on taking pictures of her so maybe I'll be able to post them at a later date.

Right now Mutua does the cooking and the cleaning but we are going to hire some one else to clean so that she can devote more time to cooking (food is very important in our house)!
She is very sweet and smiles alot. She knows a lot of english but I have a really hard time understanding her accent and some times the european words that she uses for things confuse me as well like; "finger chips" any guesses on what those are.....

We are supposed to be getting our household goods this week and the commissary is expecting a shipment of groceries in from Germany! That means real milk, YEAH! We aren't all that fond of boxed milk, but its okay on cereal. Its the little things that make me happy! I've realized yet again how little you can actually live with or without, but I'm still really excited to get my stuff!. The commissary here is nothing like what we've ever had in the past and is very small and VERY expensive. That German milk I told you about, costs about $4 a liter (quick math=$12 a gallon). Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The instruction part is in German so hope I have done this right.
Finger chips could be french fries??
Don't expect the commisary food coming from Germany to be comprable to other commisaries. The milk here in Germany is 67 Euro or about $3.30 a gallon but it does taste good. You need to complain to the sec. about the high prices!!

Anonymous said...

PS
We don't hate you, just jealous!!

Anonymous said...

I dont hate you I enjoy the luxaries of a cook and a maid to!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

If you can't say anything nice . . . (spoiled) he he
Audrey