Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sad Bunny Story


Okay, our sad bunny story goes like this:

Last month Morgann and Richard went out on an adventure together to "Old Delhi" (the older part of Delhi city) and as they were looking around they came accross a pet market and saw two adorable miniture bunnies from Nepal. They were in deplorable conditions and once Morgann batted her eyes and said "Daddy we can't just leave them" It was all over, we suddenly became family to two of the tiniest rabbits I've ever seen. I was not crazy about this turn of events and took every opportunity to voice my opinion on how crazy it was but what could I do, I wasn't going to send them back so....
Anyway, the kids fell in love with the bunnies immediatly (who doesn't love bunnies). But we couldn't come up with names for several days. We tried all sorts of combinations until one day we were all in a bedroom watching the bunnies run around and explore and Taylor started doing commentary for there actions and as they ran around in a frenzy they almost ran into one another and Taylor said "party on Wayne, party on Garth" and we all looked at each other as we obviously came to the same conclusion at once and yelled "Thats it!". So we named them Wayne and Garth. Garth was the brown one and Wayne the black and white.
So now to make a long story even longer. After 4 or 5 days I decided it was time to get them some proper rabbit supplies so I went online and ordered rabbit food, litter, food & water dishes etc..we also had the vet come and give them shots. I was beginning to make peace with the idea that they would be sticking around. Maybe that was my mistake, because not more than a day or two later I came home from a shopping trip and found Wayne and Garth dead in their box. We don't know why they died but the vet said that those kinds of bunnies are very fragile and have a hard time adapting to different or sudden changes in environment. Every now and then we kid around that our maid smothered them so she didn't have to take care of them (although I'm sure that was not the case). Whatever the case, they were the sweetest and cutest little bunnies and we will miss them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to get more bunnies to fill the new cages? Now you have celestial bunnies.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,
I had to hear from Janette that you have a blog.....did you forget to tell your friend in Florida???
I'm sorry to hear about the bunnies. They were very cute. Your kids are huge!! Hello, Taylor towers over everyone! Emma wants to know when she can see Tyson again. It is kind of hard to explain again that you moved far far away this time. She asked me today if you moved to Pennsylvania.??
We are still waiting to see where we are going to move. I will keep you posted. Keep in touch...Love your blog!

Love Rena