Thursday, September 13, 2007

Household Goods Have Arrived!

I'm sitting amongst a great deal of cardboard and paper as I type but I'm extremely happy to have my stuff. So far nothing has been damaged, unless you count a small tear in my mattress from the taco fold they had to wrestle it into to get it up the stairs. Which I'm totally grateful for since the alternative was putting my bed in the small bedroom downstairs and continue to sleep on the slab-o-marble like mattress we've been sleeping on for the last 6 weeks. If they hadn't got it up the stairs when they did I was about to cut it in two myself to get it up there. It took about 10 men to smash and twist and contort until we finally got it up the stairs. Oh happy day!
Besides the mattress trauma everything seemed to go smoothly. I had a couple neighbors and my friend Angela stepped in to help me since Richard is in Calcutta for the next couple days doing some interviews. Go figure they would deliver on the day he leaves! But my cook and housekeeper chipped in and did a lot of the kitchen boxes and started putting it all away. I'm sure we'll have to rearrange but for now it is in drawers and cabinets.
I think we did pretty good so far as to what we brought and what we left behind but I'm sure there will come a moment when I will realize I stored something I really needed and brought something I really didn't!
So anyway, I will be unpacking for a few days but I'm sure it won't be long before there is a new post. I'm just full of it these days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.