Monday, March 30, 2009

Where's your retainer?

We were all waiting for Mo again this morning for early morning family scripture study. When she finally wandered in looking dazed and confused I noticed she didn't have her retainer in her mouth. Just as I was about to ask her where it was she turned her head and there it was, dangling precariously from a tuft of hair behind her right ear.
I've woken many a morning to find gum, jolly ranchers, chocolate, suckers.... stuck in my children's hair, but this one takes the cake. It was so funny it took everything I had not to fall to the floor in fits of laughter. Instead, I told her to stand still and not move while I rushed to the closet to get the camera. By the time I returned I was laughing uncontrollably and she was already in the bathroom trying to figure out what was so funny. I quickly snapped this photo, I couldn't manage a second one as it only took her a few seconds to find the source of my amusement and promptly removed it!
Afterwards I couldn't stop myself from randomly giggling all through scripture study. I’m finding it hard to not laugh out loud as I’m writing this now. :)

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Ha ha, that's funny. :D

shauna said...

I think I'd rather find a retainer than gum or candy! That is so funny. She is gonna love that you have a picture to go along with the story--great capture!

grammaDawn said...

That's what all good mothers do, capture those moments in picutre. That's why Richard wouldn't make a good mother. What does cotton candy and a snowcone have to do with smeared poop ;-)?

Derrell said...

Poor Mo.

OK, so I was giggling about the retainer, but now I'm all out laughing at the above comment: "What does cotton candy and a snowcone have to do with smeared poop"!! So true.

Special K said...

snow cones and cotton candy have nothing to do with poop. It was the only picture I could find of little T. :)

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Still laughing at this one. She was such a good sport to let you get a shot of this....so early in the grumpy morning part of teenage life. I didn't know they make these kind of retainers anymore.

Anonymous said...

I love reading all the comments and I must say Mo will love this pic in a few years when it will bring back memories of early morning scripture study and where she left her retainer. May someday her husband will love it to.G-Ma

Rena said...

Hilarious! I can just imagine you falling on the floor laughing! I would be laughing at you laughing!

Miss you!