Monday, March 23, 2009

Girls just wanna have Fun...

My trip to Bali was brought about by my good friend, neighbor and extreme X-Box player (not really she's just pretending) Julie.

Julie had a week of time share available for use and since our hubbies had just recently come back from their excursion to Mt. Everest, she decided we should do a 'girls' vacation and luckily I got to be one of the 'girls'. Yeah for me!

Anyway, all of the above pictures we took in the Singapore airport. What an amazing place. It was more like a mall than an airport. Complete with gyms, salons (where we got foot massages), restaurants, free internet access, playgrounds, X-Box play stations where you could play free video games, and as you see in the pictures a beautifally landscaped pond full of HUGE coy. At first I thought the plants were all fake but...NOPE! What a great beginning to a lovely vacation!

One of the fist things we did after we arrived and hit the beach was get some Henna tatoos. If you can't tell, I love temporary tatoos. So much fun. By the time we left Bali we each had 3. These pics were taken in UBUD at a place call Monkey Forest. Obviously named for the MASS amounts of moneys. As you can see they were pretty friendly, one even took a little swing from my purse and another one crawled up my arm onto my hat and then up a tree. SO cool! I love monkeys!

Our other favorite pass-time was eating! On our way back to the hotel from Ubud we stopped and bought a half dozen donuts each and managed to eat 2 donutes each before we made across the street to the McDonalds drive thru! That double cheesburger tasted AMAZING! Don't look at me like that...I haven't had real beef in a year!

Our excursions included: White water rafting (TR, TL), Shopping in Ubud, Monkey Forest (BR), and a three island tour on a speed raft (BL, BM & TM).
For me, the best part about the trip was the once a day full-body massages by the pool! The Traditional Balinese Massage is my new favorite!
We had a great time enjoyed a relaxing week away from the everyday hum-drum of life. We are thinking of doing it again next year! Thanks again Julie for a great time, can't wait to do it again!

7 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

That looks totally awesome!

grammaDawn said...

You poor dear having to go through all that "down time". It must have been a real bother to just relax and see some beautiful places like that. I'm sure you're happy to be home and have real life hit you right between the eyes!

Bree said...

Ummm...hello! Why wasn't I invited!? Totally jealous of the daily massages by the way. NO FAIR!

shauna said...

Wow and Wow.

Great pampering for a well deserving Mommy.

I think I'm hungry for a Big Mac. I'll think of you while I am eating it. I have really been taking them for granted.

Anonymous said...

To think I have had only 1 massage in my life, and never been on a cruise except in Egypt you should feel sorry for me. You deserved the vacation. Can hardly wait to see you this summer. Mom

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

You are sooooooo lucky. I wish I lived in India. Well, actually, I don't. I just want to live by you and get invited to your girls "lots of days out". Glad you had fun. I love your hair cut. And profile pic.

Rena said...

I have said it before and I will say it again. You are a brave woman! But with all that bravery comes all these wonderful experiences.
You cut your hair again!
By the way, I am in the process of getting my tatoos removed. I wish I had the option of henna back when I made the horrible mistake of getting them. It is painful and expensive to get them gonzo!
I love your henna! It looks so cool!