Sunday, February 24, 2008

Neemrana Fort Palace

Valentine weekend R surprised me by booking us a night at the Neemrana Fort Palace in Rajasthan. Its only about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Delhi, but took us over 3 hours because of horrendous traffic! (We saw a motorcycle crash on the way, ouch!)

I heard really great things about Neemrana but I didn't realize just how fantastic it was until we got there. The fort was built before Columbus discovered America. It remained abandoned for many years until a company bought it and turned it into a hotel.

The rooms are all completely different and the grounds are, for lack of a better word, picturesque. A great place to feel like you are "getting away" without actually leaving the country!

Neemrana is hard to describe so I will let the pictures say it for me. Some of the pictures are of things we saw on our way down to the hotel! Be sure and wait for the one of the guy carrying a huge mirror on a motorcycle, its priceless!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness gracious!!!! That's beautiful Mrs. and Mr.S!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to see this place when I come to India fi I can afford the trip. Let me know how much I will need to save. Love the pictures MOM

Special K said...

Who left the first comment? Just curious!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Wasn't me....but I could say the same thing...here, I will just say it.

"Oh my goodness gracious!!! That's beautiful Mrs. and Mr. S!!"

I am so glad you guys explore and share India with us. My kids have loved the photos too.

And the mirror guy.....you gotta blow that one up huge and use it somewhere.

Thanks for sharing.

shauna said...

Wasn't me either.

Once again, you and your awesome camera took some great pics. Made me feel like I was there, except I definately did not get the massage!

Loved it!!!

Special K said...

Wendy, sorry you didn't get the massage on your latest trip to India!:(

Actually the massage was my first completely naked massage and they massaged EVERYTHING! It was like having a baby--throw the modesty out the window as you enter the room!

She even showered me and washed my hair, it was crazy!

Special K said...

Sorry, I meant to direct my massage comment to PP not Wendy. My brain is dripping out my ears today!

Rena said...

So is it R or you that is the fabulous photog? I think there is a new profession there! You tend to find the beauty in so many different ways. I just loved the one of the guys in the car with the light shining on his face. Beautiful!!! Keep up the good work.