Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I-FLY


Instead of doing our traditional trip to the amusement park Lagoon this year, we had the brilliant idea of doing the latest thrill seekers dream to I-Fly.

Mo came up with the idea and of course everyone was on board accept me. I thought I would get out of it since my body is not what you would call aerodynamic and besides, they only had family packages of 5. But wait! "For just 30 more bucks you can turn your party of 5 into a party of 6!" Yeah for me!

After signing the normal, we-promise-not-to-sue-your-butts-off-if-one-of-us-plummets-to-our-death-waiver, we were ready. Off we go for a 5 minute training video before being suited up like the tel-e-tubbies and then thrown into a clear cylinder-like room with no ceiling and a metal grate for a floor. Oh yeah, and a gigantic fan blowing air fast and hard enough to lift you off your feet. Well, let me tell you...it takes a lot of wind to lift this lovely mass of womanhood of her feet! But just in case your not terrified or insecure enough, there are bleachers perched around the room for complete strangers to join vicariously in your flights of fancy! That part I could have done without.

One thing I'm going to recommend they hand out with their gear in the future is hair nets. The helmets have holes all over them that allow stray hair to escape and then it is free to roll and twist in the wind creating a matted and tangled mess in a matter of seconds. I looked like something they pick up on Animal Cops.

All in all it was a great experience and the rest of the family LOVED it! Good times, good times!

3 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Theory Proven: Your family is, in fact, exponentially cooler than mine. *Sigh*

Anonymous said...

Hey, didn't you even have one snapshot of that wonderful experience? It looked good on video.

Rachelle said...

I died laughing about your hair story and animal cops! Love it!