Friday, May 9, 2008

Dreams

In the process of making plans for our long awaited trip home we keep finding ourselves discussing food. What, when and where we want to eat while in the US this summer.

At the top of Big T's list is a Wendy's frosty a double whopper with a side of Checkers fries and a Taco Bell crunch wrap on the side. Don't forget the American coke, supersized!

On the top of Mo's list is; Milk and Sakura's Japanese steak house! Then throw in a giant Oreo shake and she'll be squeeling with delight! She has her Father's good taste, what can I say.

The little ones...well anything fast food is okay with them. Little T has mentioned McDonald's several times but I'm not sure that is because he really loves the food or its just the only restaurant he can remember (that's a sad thought I know).

Mishy is the healthiest eater of us all. She wants a "safe" salad...giardia free.

Speaking of R...He has his own tradition. Every time we go home to Logan (Utah) the first thing he eats is a "Big Blue" (a hamburger the size of a frisbee) at A&W!

Me? Well, that brings me to my dream last night. After all this 'food' talk I dreamt that after arriving in the US I was with my Mom and sister somewhere I didn't know or recognize and they asked what I wanted to eat for my first meal. As I smacked my lips I wistfully replied "A Whopper from BK"! My sister, pointing up the road says, "That's easy, there's one right up there". Through tear blurred eyes, I looked up in anticipation to see the giant neon sign of BK in the distance. But, the harder I tried to get there the further away it was. Everyone kept reassuring me we would get there eventually, all the while I am frantically searching for my blasted Whopper!
Anyone want to guess where my first stop will be after arriving in the US?

11 comments:

shauna said...

Wow, you are food torturing me too. I think a Whopper would be first on my list, with Mc Donalds fries.

How many more days?

Rena said...

I totally wish we would be in Utah while you are there. Any chance you will have to visit Florida?
Miss you tons. The other day, Emma and I were talking about the "pooping in the closet thing" again. She says that is all she can really remember about little t. I thought that was so sad. I tried to remind her of some things. But I guess their little minds cant remember too much.

Mrs. Smith said...

I am looking forward to Mexican food! And root beer. And peanut butter cups. And milk. And grilled cheese sandwiches. Come on September!

Ange said...

Ohhh... I just had a whopper for lunch today! Yum! It was all I remembered it to be. Perfectly flame broiled, lots of lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Oh man, makes me just salivate remembering how good it tasted! :) Love to you!

stfisher said...

When are you going to be in the States? We will be in Utah from about the 23rd to the 27th or 28th of July. Would love to see ya!

Special K said...

Angela, you are a ruthless torturess!

We will be in the US on the 1st of june...Whopper here I come!

Tam, we will be in Utah around that same time. Do you still have my parents #?

Sorry Rena, I just don't think we'll make it to Florida this time. Boo-hoo! I miss you.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Tam, Kell, and Wendear will all be congragating into Utah all at the same time...from all 3 corners of the world....we should be rolling into UT in the 20's of July...after our 3 day ferry trip. Probably won't get to stop...got to get to CO...but so weird we all live so far apart but at the same time will be in the same areas...boo hoo....maybe I should just stop the caravan of our 3 cars....

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

we could have woppers together...meet me at BK

condiefamily said...

AHHHH. The Big Blue-a timeless Aggie tradition. I'm glad Ange and Dave are getting their fill of milk and beef in Japan. Our Cache Valley tradition is Aggie Ice Cream! Any Cafe Rio fans in your family?

stfisher said...

Let's do it!! We arrive back in the states in the "teens" (got to do the ID thing) and then to UT. Do you think it could happen?? Maybe I'm dreamin'. :-(

Michelle Glauser said...

I dream of Winger's and boba smoothies!