Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fellowship Day 16-18 "The Home Stretch"

Day 16
Namche to Phakding (3250 m / 5 hours ?/11318 ft)
Walking distance is approximately 6 to 7 hours after having breakfast you will cross different Benkar, Jorsale, two Hillary bridges at the confluence off the Bhotekosi and Dudhkosi river. After crossing these you will have rest in Phakding.

Day 17
Phakding to Lukla (2800 m / 4 hours / 9186 ft)
4 hours walking takes you Lukla and has many shops, pool houses, electricity and you will have nice hot showers. There will not have any day flight to Kathmandu at noon.

Day 18
Fly to Kathmandu O/N in Hotel Vaishali

They should be arriving home tomorrow evening. We are all very excited. I'm curious to see if they really 'didn't lose any weight. So curious to hear their experiences, their trials, their accomplishments. I was thinking last night how many 13 year old girls can say they have climbed to base camp Everest. Mo will be in a very small minority as will the rest of the 'boys' eventhough it is more common for men to climb. Anyway, get ready for the onslought of Everest pictures once they are downloaded and ready to post. R told me he took over 2000 pics as did Dave and Allan. R was also supposed to be taking video journals with the cam corder, hopefully I can figure out how to load them onto the blog and you can experience true "survivor" moments.
Stay tunes to find out who gets voted off the mountain next! :)

4 comments:

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

I can't wait to see the photos. I expect all 2000 photos and the video footage. I can't wait to see who the winner is!

Derrell said...

This has been fun to follow!

On another note: I passed your "twin" today. She was driving a beat up Rabbit with a young girl (car seat-less) in the passenger seat. I did a double take, then realized there's no WAY it would be you. I never properly thanked you for the car seat you gave us before you moved. It's the best I've ever had. Thank you! (And it's always used. You won't find MY little one in the front!) :-)

Bree said...

Holy moly! I can't wait to see pictures!

grammaDawn said...

Helloooooo...anybody out there? It's been weeks since there's been a post. Dawn, of the Donz, is interested in more! What up?